3B Direct Rovings consist of continuous filaments bonded into a single strand and wound onto a bobbin shape.
3B Direct Rovings are made out of 3B E-CR glass or HiPer-tex™ glass both recognized as benchmarks in the fibreglass industry for their environmental green manufacturing footprints.
3B E-CR glass is a boron-free E-CR glass that shows significantly improved corrosion resistance properties over standard E-glass. 3B E-CR glass complies with ASTM D578 and ISO 2078 standards.
HiPer-tex™ glass is a high performance R-glass. Designed for high load bearings it also offers an improved thermal resistance over Advantex® glass. HiPer-tex™ glass is also a boron-free glass that presents improved corrosion resistance.
Both 3B E-CR and HiPer-tex™ Direct Rovings show excellent processability in your composites processes whatever they are:
- filament winding (manufacturing of hollow tubular or cylindrical structures): pipes, storage tanks, pressure vessels
- pultrusion (production of profiles): tools, industrial profiles, telecommunications cables, infrastructure parts
- knitting & weaving (manufacturing of woven rovings and multi-axial fabrics): semi-finished products used in various applications such as windmill blades, marine, transportation, etc.
- Texturisation: acoustics components
- In-line compounding injection or compression moulding: long fibreglass reinforced thermoplastic (LFTP) for semi-structural & structural parts.
3B Direct Rovings Product Offering
|3B E-CR glass for Thermosets|
|R25H||Filament winding. Multi-resin compatible. Texturisation|
|399||Pultrusion. Multi-resin compatible|
|SE 8400 LS||Pultrusion. Epoxy compatible for high quality electrical insulators|
|SE 2020||Weaving, NCF, Prepregs, Filament Winding, Pultrusion. Epoxy specific|
|SE 3030||Weaving, NCF, Prepregs, Filament Winding, Pultrusion. Polyester/Vinylester & Epoxy|
|SE 1043||Filament Winding, Pultrusion, Weaving, Unsatured Polyester and Epoxy Resins compatible|
|3B E-CR glass for Thermoplastics|
|SE 4220||LFTP processes. Polypropylene compatible|
|SE 4535-12||LFTP processes. For enhanced performances in Polyamides|
|SE 4740||Weaving & knitting. For enhanced composites performances with the Acrylic resins|
|HiPer-tex™ glass for thermosets|
|B15||Weaving. Phenolic compatible in ballistic protection applications|
|H 2020||For epoxy filament wound high pressure vessel|
|W 2020||Weaving, NCF, Prepregs, Filament Winding, Pultrusion. Epoxy specific|
|W 3030||Weaving, NCF, Prepregs, Filament Winding, Pultrusion. Polyester/Vinylester & Epoxy|
(click links to download product data sheet as PDF-file)