3B offers a broad portfolio of Chopped Strand glass fibres designed for the most demanding composite technologies, whether Thermoplastic or Thermoset based.
3B Chopped Strand products:
- made of corrosion resistant E-Glass
- 4mm-long glass fibre bundles agglomerated into a pellet-like shape
- physical properties of 3B’s chopped fibres are designed to withstand extruders' most stringent process parameters, thus ensuring an optimum productivity during compounding
- coated with a specific sizing compliant with the polymeric resin requiring reinforcement
CHOPPED STRANDS FOR THERMOPLASTICS
3B has a large Chopped Strand product portfolio. Our Chopped Strand products are designed for compounding various thermoplastic materials.
- A choice of glass fibre filament diameters and sizings are available to better optimize mechanical performances of final composite parts.
- Chopped Strands with specific features and functionalities like neutral colour, food & water contact or glycol/hydrolysis resistance are also offered.
|PVC, PC||108F-14P||Thermoplastics||For glass content <15%||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm||Download 108F-14P datasheet|
|PPO, PC||122Y-14P||Thermoplastics||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm||Download 122Y-14P datasheet|
|ABS - Styrenics||183F-11C||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour||Short fibre compounding||ø11µm||Download 183F-11C datasheet|
|PA||DS 1125-10N||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Food contact||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm||Download DS 1125-10N datasheet|
|PA||DS 1128-10N||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact, Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm||Download DS 1128-10N datasheet|
|PA||DS 1135-10N||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact, Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm||Download DS 1135-10N datasheet|
|PP, PE||DS 2200-10P||Thermoplastics||High mechanical performances, Neutral colour, Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact, Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm||Download DS 2200-10P datasheet|
|PP, PE||DS 2200-13P||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact, Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø13µm||Download DS 2200-13P datasheet|
|POM||DS 7720-14P||Thermoplastics||Food contact||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm||Download DS 7720-14P datasheet|
|PPS, PBT, PES, PESU, PPSU, PEI, PEEK||DS 8800-11P||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, High impact and elongation at break, Food contact, Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø11µm||Download DS 8800-11P datasheet|
Chopped Strands for Thermosets
3B’s Chopped Strands for Thermosets are multi-resin compatible. They are designed to reinforce epoxy or phenolic resins in compounding operations.
Depending on customer requirements, 3B offers commercial grades that distinguish themselves by their processability at the extruder and mechanical performances on the final composite parts.
|UP, Epoxy compatible, Phenolic||163D-14C||Thermosets||Sheet moulding compounding, Bulk moulding compounding||Download 163D-14C datasheet|
|UP, Epoxy compatible, Phenolic||DS 5163-13P||Thermosets||Densified||Sheet moulding compounding, Bulk moulding compounding||Download DS 5163-13P datasheet|
Made of corrosion resistant E-Glass 3B Milled Fibres are powder-like shape glass fibres.
They are used to fill Thermoplastic or Thermoset polymers. Main features are:
- improved dimensional stability
- lower shrinkage and warpage of the finished plastic parts
- increased stiffness of the finished plastic parts.