3B offers a broad portfolio of Chopped Strand glass fibres designed for the most demanding composite technologies, whether Thermoplastic or Thermoset based.
3B Chopped Strand products:
- made of corrosion resistant E-Glass
- 4mm-long glass fibre bundles agglomerated into a pellet-like shape
- physical properties of 3B’s chopped fibres are designed to withstand extruders' most stringent process parameters, thus ensuring an optimum productivity during compounding
- coated with a specific sizing compliant with the polymeric resin requiring reinforcement
CHOPPED STRANDS FOR THERMOPLASTICS
3B has a large Chopped Strand product portfolio. Our Chopped Strand products are designed for compounding various thermoplastic materials.
- A choice of glass fibre filament diameters and sizings are available to better optimize mechanical performances of final composite parts.
- Chopped Strands with specific features and functionalities like neutral colour, food & water contact or glycol/hydrolysis resistance are also offered.
|PVC, PC||108F-14P||Thermoplastics||For glass content <15%||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm|
|PPO, PC||122Y-14P||Thermoplastics||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm|
|ABS - Styrenics||183F-11C||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Food contact (USA)||Short fibre compounding||ø11µm|
|PA||DS 1125-10N||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Food contact (USA)||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm|
|PA||DS 1128-10N||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm|
|PA||DS 1134-10N||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, Water contact, Food contact (China, EU, USA)||ø10µm|
|PA||DS 1135-10N||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, Water contact, Food contact (China, EU, USA)||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm|
|PA||DS 1136-10N||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Water contact, Food contact (EU & USA)||ø10µm|
|PP, PE||DS 2200-10P||Thermoplastics||High mechanical performances, Neutral colour, Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact (EU & USA), Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø10µm|
|PP, PE||DS 2200-13P||Thermoplastics||Neutral colour, Hydrolysis resistance, Food contact (EU & USA), Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø13µm|
|PBT, PET and blends||DS 3185E-10N||Thermoplastics||ø10µm|
|POM||DS 7720-14P||Thermoplastics||Food contact (EU & USA)||Short fibre compounding||ø14µm|
|PPS, PBT, PES, PESU, PPSU, PEI, PEEK||DS 8800-11P||Thermoplastics||Hydrolysis resistance, High impact and elongation at break, Food contact (EU & USA), Water contact||Short fibre compounding||ø11µm|
Chopped Strands for Thermosets
3B’s Chopped Strands for Thermosets are multi-resin compatible. They are designed to reinforce epoxy or phenolic resins in compounding operations.
Depending on customer requirements, 3B offers commercial grades that distinguish themselves by their processability at the extruder and mechanical performances on the final composite parts.
|UP, Epoxy compatible, Phenolic||163D-14C||Thermosets||Sheet moulding compounding, Bulk moulding compounding|
|UP, Epoxy compatible, Phenolic||DS 5163-13P||Thermosets||Densified||Sheet moulding compounding, Bulk moulding compounding|
Made of corrosion resistant E-Glass 3B Milled Fibres are powder-like shape glass fibres.
They are used to fill Thermoplastic or Thermoset polymers. Main features are:
- improved dimensional stability
- lower shrinkage and warpage of the finished plastic parts
- increased stiffness of the finished plastic parts.